Lee H.S. is a 9th-12th grade high school of 1930 students, offering the IBDP program and serving the diverse population of Fairfax County, outside of Washington DC
10th Grade Honors Government
11th- 12th Grade DP History (History of the Americas)
11th Grade US History
11th Grade DP Theory of Knowledge
2006-2007 Teacher of the Year-chosen by faculty, staff and parents of Lee HS
Teaching and Learning
- Aligned teaching with the Commonwealth of Virginia’s state-wide curriculum
- Prepared students in grade 11 for the Standards of Learning high-stakes test
- Developed articulated curriculum for the DP and pre-DP history students and prepared students for the DP Exams.
- Co-taught US history class with special-education teacher, differentiating instruction for students’ Individualized Education Plan.
In addition to classroom responsibilities:
- Team leader for the DP team at Lee High School. Direct common planning, assessment, and grading based IB standards for a team of 5 IB and 4 pre-IB history teachers.
- Creativity, Action, Service Coordinator – plan and organize service opportunities for 60 IB diploma candidates. Maintain records of the students to provide to the International Baccalaureate Organization.
- Lancer Leader Sponsor – Organize freshmen orientation, monitor mentorship program where highly qualified 12th grade mentors are matched with freshmen who have difficulties transitioning to high school
- Sponsor- Class of 2006, planned fundraisers, organized prom, and coordinated graduation with administration. Organized community service, class spirit, and other school events to benefit the almost 500 members of the Class of 2006.
- Mentor – trained and experienced as a mentor for a first year teacher